RE: How To Handle WebIDs for (X)HTML based Claim Bearing Resources

 IN the OCSP variant of this, the OCSP response representing the findings made by a "Validation Authority" ABOUT a cert-related claim was/is signed. IN some case the signature chained back to the CA issuing the certs, but (in a major IETF victory, and thank Microsoft) its not necessary. This free agents, NOT governed by CA. Each VA applies different criteria, to suite the request ofr the remoted validation service. Said party is typically know as the relying party. This creates a validation.-entric universe (inverting the trust model, and applying reference theory). Its VERY VERY threatening to the social order, as it interferes with some of the costy relationships IDPs have with wider social governance ideas. A certain CA spent a lot of money killing it off, last time around, to aid one of their principal customer project a particular national policy for trust. The particular US government agent was in charge of national policy at the time, and acting properly (through indirectly, through its vendors). IN our world, we want an xml-dsig property to be strored on the web (not in an OCS response message). More likely, its a counter-signed xml-dsign signature, on an existing signature. Xml DSIGN allow REFERENCES to remote signing material, for both signature and counter signatures.   > From: mo.mcroberts@bbc.co.uk