Re: WebIDRealm - Modes - UsageScenarios

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 22:07:54 -0500
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
On 1/2/12 6:19 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> Now, it the cert really is a data uri and be in the range of a owl:SameAs property like any other URI, I dont see why it cannot now have HTML within, and thus RDFa triples.

A cert is a blob that holds a description in directed graph pictorial
form i.e., it is a descriptor resource. That's similar of a foaf profile
document. They are both accessible via addresses (URLs).

The subjects of said blob and a foaf document can be in an equivalence
relation. These subjects are identifiable via URI based Names.

> Then, we no longer need to ASSUME the meaning of a bag of URIs in the SAN. We could be actually stating what their meaning is. We might not even NEED to use the SAN URI, at all ...
>

> When I argued for the SAN URI to Warwick Ford (when he came around as the relevant ISO person)*looking for*  name schemes to stuff in the bag of alternatve name forms, I did not intend it to have the purposes we are discussing here. I intended it merely to point to an X.509 cert blob, on an ldaps or https endpoint.

The URI in SAN is still resolving to a descriptor resource, your goal
isn't lost.

Founder&  CEO