Re: design issue when dereferencing a foaf-profile with public key

Hi Jürgen,

I see what you are asking about, and excuse the top-post, but I am guessing the predicate you are looking for is rdfs:seeAlso, the semantics of which is "go over here, and there might be something more things of interest to you".

That is, given your example:

<foaf:Person rdf:about="http://www.someuri.org/card#me">
</foaf:Person>

<rsa:RSAPublicKey rdf:about="http://www.public-keys.net/2342">
 <cert:identity rdf:resource="http://www.someuri.org/card#me"/>
</rsa:RSAPublicKey>

I would add an extra triple to the first document stating something like :

<http://www.someuri.org/card> rdfs:seeAlso <http://www.public-keys.net/2342> . #in turtle

The above triple would allow for a "follow-your-nose" agent to find the public key in question.

Mischa

On 29 Sep 2011, at 19:06, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i have a question concerning linked data principles and a dereferencing a foaf-profile
> with a public key.
>
> currently it is apparently necessary that two (=2) resources are dereferenceable under one (=1) (the foaf:Persons's) uri.
> that is because there's no predicate linking from a foaf:Person to a RSAPublicKey. I could have a RSAPublicKey
> available at some-uri stating that it's cert#identity is some remote resource, which would be totally legal
> linked data, but when using the foaf uri from a certificate there's no chance i find the coresponding RSAPublicKey.
>
> 1. has this issue already been discussed?
> 2. is it not considered an issue but simply the way it is?
> 3. would a predicate like "hasPublicKey" improve things?
>
> any comment or opinion really appreciated
> wkr http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard
>

> --
> | Jürgen Jakobitsch,
> | Software Developer
> | Semantic Web Company GmbH
> | Mariahilfer Straße 70 / Neubaugasse 1, Top 8
> | A - 1070 Wien, Austria
> | Mob +43 676 62 12 710 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22
>
> COMPANY INFORMATION
> | http://www.semantic-web.at/
>
> PERSONAL INFORMATION
> | web   : http://www.turnguard.com