Re: TLS 1.0 vulnerability found

More us fud, trying to seed no confidence in the status quo world of https (that - outside the browser vendor angle - is not controlled by us interests).

I counter by saying: why would you trust a us browser vendor to fix what you trusted them last round not to do?

Mozilla failed to run a root registration authority, comptently.

Early on, the program was just corrupt - with netscape executives taking stock options in (pre ipo) ca firms in return for access to the root store. A sham policy authority covered over what was just crypto-corrupt.

Very us tactics, and captain Kirk would be proud (at how he won out ... by just cheating the starfleet exam).

Don't take too literally. It's a metaphor for the cryptpolitics at the heart of ssl. It's been going on for 20 years, and the browser vendors are the (inherently) untrustworthy players. But, under crypto export law for commodity crypto, they have limited options except to act as a distributor for crypto compromised at (per vendor) birth.