Re: IDP - Client

On 5 Aug 2011, at 00:26, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have put together a tiny IDP Client, which builds a login link from a HttpServletRequest
> and verifies the response from an IDP.

great. We should add a page to the wiki for these services and for simple tools such as yours to help people to use them. We have the page here:

   http://www.w3.org/wiki/Foaf%2Bssl#Libraries

And the

  http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebID_Protocol_Implementations

which may need a new section for foafssl.org like services and libraries.

> this project is aimed at webID (and SSL) newbies like me, who want to have a basic
> webID login on their webpage in a matter of minutes.
> i'm hoping to bring more interested people in a position where they can showcase webID in
> their communities in practically no time .
>
> currently there's only one idp registered (https://auth.fcns.eu/auth). if there's any interest
> i'm adding others as well and could implement some sort of background polling, so that
> - there's relative security that there's always one working login on a page
> - the fastest authenticator is always chosen

There is https://foafssl.org/srv/idp which I just recently rewrote. The user now stops on the page to authenticate there. The reason for this is that the user may be trying to login to 2 services that allow him to authenticate with foafssl.org, and he may want to login with a different identity to different services. foafssl.org now allows logout, which works with Firefox and should work with Internet Explorer - can you test it, and let me know?

Thanks for contribution,

	Henry