Re: How can users protect their foaf profile

From: Owen Sacco <owen.sacco@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 17:25:41 +0100
To: fritztho@gmail.com
CC: public-xg-webid@w3.org
Another solution to protect your FOAF profile:

You can make your FOAF profile privately protected and have a manager
that, after authenticating with WebID, can only grant access to specific
information of your FOAF profile. You create preferences (which we call
privacy preferences) using the Privacy Preference Ontology (PPO), to
specify which specific information you want to share. More info about
the PPO and this manager can be found at [1]. More technical info about
this manager will be published shortly, however in the mean time you can
take a look at the screencasts at [2].

Best regards,
Owen Sacco

/Ph.D. Student
//Digital Enterprise Research Institute
//National University of Ireland, Galway
//IDA//Business Park, Lower Dangan, Galway, Ireland/

[1] http://events.linkeddata.org/ldow2011/papers/ldow2011-paper01-sacco.pdf
[2] http://vmuss13.deri.ie/myprivacymanager/screencast/screencast.html