Re: Agenda for WebID Teleconf, Monday 5 September 2011 -- 15:00UTC

We had a problem with the robots - today was a holiday in the US I discovered - so we don't have a log of what we discussed.

In short:

- test suite. Bergi has been progressing over August, and needs some more end points that implement it. I will update the ZZ test endpoint. Do we have a little page on the wiki to explain how this can be done, so others have the pointers for it?
- domel has been working on the htmlization of WebId ontology. Hopefully it will be good soon enough so we can add a first version online.

The above two will help us then work on improvements in the ontology and specs which we have 4 more months to tighten up.

Stephan suggested that we write up a page for the protocol used by https://foafssl.org/srv/idp and webid.fcns.eu so that it can be a bit more formal. (We have a few new pieces there such as the public key being published in RDF, making it easier to deploy and update over what we had before) Having this more formal would allow a two tier implementation of WebID:

 - a first layer using a remote service which means that even distributions such as Drupal can ship with some WebID implementation without requiring TLS deployment. This means that these can also immediately develop then deeper WebID integration into those framework, such as displaying information about the authenticated person (name, photo, ...) after fetching foaf files. This can then be tied into work from the http://www.w3.org/community/rww/ community group, and tied in with OpenId authentication.
 - then a deeper layer with local TLS.

Someone wanted to write another implementation of such a service (was it Bergi?) and said he would write up a wiki page detailing how the current services work.

  Hopefully we can then have an initial Drupal WebID implementation. Such an implementation, since it does not even require the foaf+ssl part, could be the layer at which OpenId can be tied in. It would just require someone to write a wiki page on how to tie a WebID and an OpenID together so that OpenId authentication can be used instead of foaf+ssl. Anyone want to do that?

  Much else was talked of. Feel free to fill in what I forgot.

  Henry