Re: Comments from skype conversation

On 31 Oct 2011, at 18:10, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> Had a productive skype conversation with some WebID enthusiasts inc. Mike Jones

Yes, very.

> Some comments
>
> We' d decided to do a monthly W3C/IRC session, but have informal
> sessions on Mondays for those that want to.

Yes. We started off on the W3C teleconf, but Mike could not connect with his phone, so we moved to Skype. Bergi was then able to join by calling my Skype phone number. We then slowly had more people join the Skype call without any problem. The sound I think ended up being very good, and I think we may even be able to get video conferencing. So the feeling was that Skype was a good medium for our weekly calls. It feels a lot more friendly somehow, I am not sure why.

> We should define what "WebID" is clearly in the spec (a URI
> representing an agent)  and how that ties in to the "WebID Protocol"
> (using TLS)
>
> We should try and make the spec as simple as possible, we should be
> clear to define subjectAltName but for other fields refer to best
> practices
>
> We should not try and cover too many other technologies, just do one
> example very well and get it reviewed

yep. Try to keep things simple and keep open to other communities. When we finish this document we can move to higher level integration logics with other authentication protocols. But it is too much work for a small group to try to cover every other way of doing web identity, such as browser id, etc....

I think we also felt that perhaps we should call our spec the WebID TLS spec, so that it does not look like we are trying to own identity on the web.