Re: [foaf-protocols] cert:fingerprint ?

On 10/27/11 7:15 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2011, at 12:57, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> On 10/27/11 5:04 AM, Toby Inkster wrote:

>>> Currently I'm just using rdfs:label for this purpose.
>>>
>>> <#me>   cert:key [
>>> 	rdfs:label "...." ;
>>> 	cert:modulus "...." ;
>>> 	] .
>>>
>> Cool!
>>
>> Very neat non disruptive hack :-)
> Kingsley if you put an unreadable string into a label which humans are meant to read, it will be disruptive.

Yes-ish.
> For your software furthermore that relies on lanes to build user interfaces.

Yes, but I am an integrator first. Thus, irrespective of what we've
implemented (which doesn't use rdfs:label) I see virtue in its
short-term use. Basically, it lets others implement this optional tweak
while WOT ontology is being sorted out.

As for labels, bar ourselves and Tabulator, I am not seeing lots of
projects that actually make good use of rdfs:label in consistent fasion.
And when it comes to handling the complexity on the ABox side of things,
I am not seeing solutions (bar ours) that can deal with labeling
heuristics at massive scales (e.g. > 20 Billion triples).

The goal (for me) is to always keep moving since there's always
something on the way that can introduce unnecessary inertia for those
seeking to deliver products. Of course, if one is doing research
(solely), these bumps along the way are all good i.e., the open up new
research branches etc..

Thus, I am happy to experiment with Toby since we can demonstrate
utility of this approach. Bottom line, WOT will get sorted, at some
point, but in the meantime I want to crack on with my goal of making
WebIDs go viral etc..

Kingsley

>> --
>>
>> Regards,