Re: future of Identity on the Web

Henry Story wrote:
> On 26 Oct 2011, at 18:23, Harry Halpin wrote:
>> Henry,
>>
>> Just to be clear - as per the results of the workshop, WebID is itself
>> currently out-of-scope for this WG.
>
> Harry from your previous e-mail it is clear that you don't master the subject about WebID and how it functions. You are therefore in no position to say whether it is or not in scope.

Perhaps if it's stated that the web-identity charter is complementary,
rather than competing.

To me at least, standardization of WebID is clearly far out of charter
for the web-identity wg, and always will be. However as they are
complimentary, I'm sure that WebID will benefit exponentially from any
APIs produced by the web-identity group (I'm already most looking
forward to seeing and using what is produced), and similarly I doubt
they'd be possible to define properly without thoroughly considering the
needs of both WebID and the Read-Write Web.

Thus, just what is the issue? I really can't see one.

Best,

Nathan