Re: cert:fingerprint ?

On 10/25/11 12:38 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> On 25 Oct 2011, at 18:33, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> Henry,
>>
>> Since we have cert:key, what about cert:fingerprint?
> How would you define it?

Good question since WOT [1] and these newer Key oriented ontologies
aren't aligned. In addition, WOT is conflating public key and x.509
certificate. The fingerprint I am talking about is a hash (md4, md5,
sha, sha256, sha512) of the entire x.509 Cert.

If you put a Certificate's fingerprint in a data space (this could be a
tweet even) you can still perform a match with the X.509 cert from a
successful SSL/TLS handshake.

Since we are preoccupied with this feature, we'll take on the task of
making a tweak to existing ontologies (if possible). Then we'll just
share what we have and leave it up to everyone else to decide what they
do with it :)

Links:

1.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fxmlns.com%2Fwot%2F0.1%2F
-- WOT as I currently see it re. Fingerprint conflation problem

Kingsley
> Henry
>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,