Re: new spec version out

On 18 Oct 2011, at 16:24, Sergio Fernández wrote:

> Hi,

>>> Not sure which is the right way to add html markup on literals...
>>>
>>> a) Escape the characters '<' and '>' (as you are already doing for
>>> skos:editorialNote)
>>
>> I am not sure I am escaping it. Am I? Not in the cert.n3 file on the

> The specgen only supports rdf/xml, so I'm using the cert.rdf file for
> my tests. And on that file rdfs:comment and skos:editorialNote are
> using different approaches about escape chars.

Oh of course. use cwm to transform the n3 into rdf/xml. But that should already be done for the published version.

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/cwm.html

>>> b) Use the white-space selector of CSS:
>>> http://www.quirksmode.org/css/whitespace.html
>>
>> That's also a solution. There are a lot of links in the notes currently so unless we move to a wiki format,
>> I think it would be nice if one could just put in some simple and light weight html...
>
> Yes. because this way is causing many problems generating valid
> markup: http://bit.ly/oWJ9SY

Ah I just understood where I went wrong.

yesterday to add rdf:XMLLiteral with a span. I thought that one could define the  namespace of the contained literal using ns= . But now I think of it I should have used xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" . Perhaps that will work a lot better then.... Because then it should just insert the namespaced xhtml into the xhtml generated by specgen.

>>> On the previous thread Dominik requested support to
>>> owl:equivalentClass. I've just added on specgen. Debugging the new
>>> feature I detected that you were wrongly using owl:equivalentClass on
>>> datatypes (on cert:hex for instance), when it must be
>>> owl:equivalentProperty, right?
>>
>> datatypes are classes. cert:hex used to be a property and is now a datatype too.
>> That is allowed by rdf in fact, though there is a debate which direction the arrows should go.
>> The details of that transition are explained in the notes I think.
>
> Yes, I just read why cert:hex is both a class and a property. I agree,
> it's confusing.

We could remove those soon if people agree. It was one of those early errors I made. I had to read the RDF/XML
semantics spec very carefully before I understood how datatypes work.

>>> BTW, rdfs:Datatypes are not showing right now on the spec (e.g.
>>> cert:int). Would you like to add it?
>>
>> yes, please. Thanks a lot :-)
>
> Meanwhile I'll try to add support to datatypes on the tools.

great thanks a lot.