Re: proposal: change public_exponent -> exponent

On 14 Oct 2011, at 19:36, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 10/14/11 11:22 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>> deprecate public_exponent
>>
>> how long should deprecated features last, six months perhaps?
>>

> See my last comment about leveraging OWL.
>
> You've correctly identified a problem rife with subjectivity :-)

of course with full inferencing everywhere there is no problem. But then we reduce
the number of people who can participate to start off with. And we risk having issues
getting people to understand why things sometimes work and sometimes don't.

Still we can perhaps leave those relations in the machine readable ontologies - marked as deprecated -
for a lot longer, so that robots with inferencing can know how to adapt from one to the other. It is just that
anyone who is writing software will prefer the cert:key relation.

How is that?