Re: Updated spec draft with cert:key

On 14 Oct 2011, at 17:03, Stéphane Corlosquet wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 14 Oct 2011, at 15:38, Stéphane Corlosquet wrote:
>> On Oct 14, 2011 9:15 AM, "Henry Story" <henry.story@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >    Does someone want to take on the task of rewriting the examples in the spec to use cert:key instead of cert:identity ?
>>
>> I have a branch on github with the inverse cert:identity, just need to update to the new property name. I guess I could commit it right away to the main repo since we have reached consensus now..
>>
> probably best to have the cert:identity as optional (or both as optional) for the time being. We don't have that many rebids around but it will be a pitty to reduce our base immediately.
>
> Henry, Melvin, are you talking about the cert ontology or the webid spec?

I meant

 - to have it as optional in the code for a while
 - In the ontology it should be deprecated
 - In the tests cert:identity should show a warning, so we can add a test for that.
 - in the spec it should not be visible.
 - and all people who produce webids should as soon as we have enough libraries and servers moved over, should transform all
profiles to cert:key using ones.

> I agree with your point re the ontology. But I don't think the spec should include examples with the deprecated cert:identity, that's just making it confusing for new people willing to implement WebID. See below for more details...
>
> I've pushed some changes to my github repo [1] including updated examples with the new cert:key. You can view a live HTML version at http://files.openspring.net/tmp/webid-cert-identity-rev/spec/index-respec.html. I've added a note next to the definition of cert:key about the old cert:identity so that people who are still implementing cert:identity know what's going on, here is what it says:
>
> [[[
> cert:identity was previously used to associate an RSAPublicKey with a WebID URI. cert:identity has been deprecated in favor of its inverse property cert:key. Implementors are encouraged to publish WebID Profile Documents using cert:key. During this transitional period, implementations consuming WebID Profile Documents might still support the deprecated cert:identity as well as the stable cert:key.
> ]]]

very nice. That's perfect. Thanks.