Re: design issue when dereferencing a foaf-profile with public key

On 1 Oct 2011, at 13:39, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 29 September 2011 20:06, Jürgen Jakobitsch
> <j.jakobitsch@semantic-web.at> wrote:
>> hi all,
>>
>> i have a question concerning linked data principles and a dereferencing a foaf-profile
>> with a public key.
>>
>> currently it is apparently necessary that two (=2) resources are dereferenceable under one (=1) (the foaf:Persons's) uri.
>> that is because there's no predicate linking from a foaf:Person to a RSAPublicKey. I could have a RSAPublicKey
>> available at some-uri stating that it's cert#identity is some remote resource, which would be totally legal
>> linked data, but when using the foaf uri from a certificate there's no chance i find the coresponding RSAPublicKey.
>>
>> 1. has this issue already been discussed?
>
> Yes, was generally considered a good idea to have the 'forward'
> relation, however there was some caution about deprecating the old
> predicate (cert:identity) so as not to break existing implementations.

>> 2. is it not considered an issue but simply the way it is?
>> 3. would a predicate like "hasPublicKey" improve things?
>
> That seems reasonable.
>
> There's also the new sec ontology for payswarm:

We now have an html version of the cert and rsa ontology in progress

http://ii.uwb.edu.pl/~dtomaszuk/webid/

which we should put in its proper namespace in the coming week. We will then
be able to work on updating the ontology to encompass  the classes below if needed,
and we should discuss the changing of the cert:identity relation.

Join us tomorrow for the telconf.