Re: test suite

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 19:49:11 +0100
Cc: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org>
I am thinking the following hierarchy seems to make a lot more sense now
that I am implementing this in a more functional manner. In brackets '(...)'
are the optional tests

    ( wit:privateKeyNegotiationSucceeded ) //most apps won't know how to make this fail
    wit:certificatePubkeyRecognised, //more accurately: recognised by WebId layer
    ( wit:certificateCriticalExtensionsOk ) // requires more research

    wit:certificateProvidedSAN // one for each SAN - tests if  SAN is URL, for ex
       wit:webidClaim        // if SAN is good, then we have a claim
         wit:profileOk       // we can get profile and parse it
            ( wit:profileWellFormedPubkey ) //match keys in profile

Then the main test: if there is a WebId authentication succeeds if one
wit:webidClaim succeeds.

The above seems to follow the causal sequence more precisely.

I'll work along these lines just to see what that gives me.