Re: using windows to mint web id credentials,

From: Mo McRoberts <mo.mcroberts@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:55:56 +0000
Cc: "public-xg-webid@w3.org" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>, <foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org>
To: Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>
Ignoring all of the rest of the e-mail (because I haven’t read it properly yet…)

On 27 Nov 2011, at 17:09, Peter Williams wrote:

> Concerning the self-signed mantra that dominates your tool design,

Hmm, in this instance it's only self-signed because that's the quickest way to generate a WebID on the Mac. Look at the other options in first image I posted — you can just as easily generate a CSR containing the subjectAltName rather than a self-signed cert (and on the other side, sign the request and spit out a cert, and e-mail it/upload it/whatever).

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Technical Lead - The Space,
0141 422 6036 (Internal: 01-26036) - PGP key CEBCF03E,