Re: how dirty can the HTML be, and still be RDFa?

On 11/25/11 7:37 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> If I were you I'd hurry, because it does
> not do the Windows toolchain you keep speaking about any favours, that
> it has been three years that you are on
> this list and that you still don't have anything to show. Perhaps you
> are working for Oracle in disguise? ;-)

Windows tool chain works fine if you are ready to dabble. We've
implemented a native Windows solution for over a year (whenever I posted
the Windows Wizard examples generation of Certs with WebID watermarks).

What Peter is trying to do is showcase the route a typical Windows
developer would take en route to implementing WebID. Now Peter wants to
use all the Windows parts, so Virtuoso is sorta out of the loop since
this is a complete WebID solution natively implemented on Windows and
other platforms. He wants to build something like the module we've built
for Virtuoso using .NET and at this juncture he can't locate an RDFa
parser since the spec covertly mandates RDFa or RDF/XML. Unlike Apache,
IIS doesn't have a massive collection of add-on modules for handling RDF
resources a manner that reflects typical Window developer patterns for
the WWW based on IIS (we do all or format handling inside the Virtuoso
DBMS).

Peter's fundamental message is that Windows adoption is important to
WebID, there's no way around that reality. Java is not the answer,
neither are the collection of scripting toys out there. Thus, there has
to be a roadmap for Windows that actually works.

Peter: the solution to your problem really lies in a callout for .NET
components that deal with RDFa and RDF/XML parsing + proper content
negotiation handling. We opted to build our own DBMS hosted multi
protocol server (circa. 1998) because we anticipated the real inflection
that the InterWeb was going to place on computing. As immodest as this
might sound, we did actually anticipate today many many years ago :-)

Founder&  CEO