RE: different publish RDF in section 2.4.2

If the link points to a site beyond the control of the original resource (identified by the user cert), what does one do? if the link point to the same site (as the original resource) but resolves to an ssl cert or different ciphersuite to that  of the original resource (identified by the user cert), what does one do? I dont find it helps building in statement of principle, and informal education about the mechanisms. In a security protocol, one  needs hard engineering, not generalities. Statements like "it is suggested" dont help. Reduce it to SHOULD or MUST. Dont use specs to educate about principles of design. Just specify what implementors need to do. Note, that the webid validation protocol has no "discovery" elements of procedure for the validation agent to follow, today (and no security model for discovery, either). If an alternate link  points to another HTML document (with further links) what does one do?
We have to recall that the original link is an untrustworthy value, supplied by an unknown party. There referall alternates are just untrustworthy. If an implementation has a hard limit of processing only 3 links (as I saw in code from the author of the webid test suite), an attacker would be subverting that limit, using alternates - if it is expected that "discovers" link chains. Now, as an implementor, I link this in my mind to another issue that the spec(s) are quiet on. If the link in a cert returns a 302 upon de-referencing, whose implementation follows these? the same question as for alternates apply (how many chaining element does one follow, what happens on https/http downgrade, what happens in the cert changes on the same site...) openid 1.0 had the same issues, and of course has had no massive commercial uptake. only a particular profile of openid 2.0 has met the needs of vendors and branded cloud players (such as those who conform W3C dues-paying membership). > From: mo.mcroberts@bbc.co.uk