LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc.. as WebID IdPs

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:29:46 -0500
To: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>, public-rww@w3.org
All,

A quick FYI. We now have proxy/wrapper Linked Data URIs in SANs re.
x.509 certificates produced by our HTML based certificate generator [1].
Thus, if you follow the directions from my earlier post [2], you now
have an option (via the Wizard UI) for using proxy/wrapper URIs as WebID
watermarks in x.509 certificates.

The proxy/wrapper URIs we generate basically work with existing WebID
clients (from others) without modification. We've used proxy/wrapper
URIs as a layer of abstraction that shields others from the complexity
of implementing data access drivers for Web 2.0 APIs.

Links:

1. http://id.myopenlink.net/certgen -- first cut (beautification to
come) HTML based certificate generator which as has native Windows and
iOS5 counterparts nearing completion

2. http://goo.gl/AcYWQ -- original post about leveraging Facebook as a
WebID compliant IdP (follow the steps here, but choose *proxy URI* option )

3. http://id.myopenlink.net/ods/webid_demo.html -- simple WebID
verification service

4.
http://id.myopenlink.net/about/id/entity/http/www.linkedin.com/in/kidehen#this
-- proxy/wrapper Linked Data URI example (note the footer section re.
supported formats which you can negotiate via HTTP or discover via
"Link:" response headers or <link/> entries in <head/> in HTML)

5. http://goo.gl/krOAV -- alternative HTML view (useful for deeper
follow-your-nose navigation)

6.
http://id.myopenlink.net/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openlinksw.com%2Fschemas%2Fcert%23Certificate
-- shows how we've extended the WOT ontology in our own data space
(follow-your-nose to see unobtrusive nature of this approach) .

President&  CEO