Re: WebID XG - semantic group profile.

<snip/>

On 20 May 2011, at 15:14, Henry Story wrote:

> On 20 May 2011, at 15:59, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>>> be needed would be a form where people who logged in with their e-mail could also login with their webid to prove the equivalence.
>>>
>>>   I am not sure if this is within what is feasible within the W3C rules. So I am CC Coralie here.
>>
>> To do this right, just make a 3 col google spreadsheet and then share with the public. Use "<" and ">" to handle reference values. That's it.
>
> Well I am not sure I can publish the e-mails or sha1 sum of members of this group anywhere let alone google. So the issue is to deal with that first.

As far as I am aware (albeit am no expert in these things), mbox_sha1sum's are not recommended as they are easily reversed with rainbow tables, see for example : http://my.umbc.edu/groups/ebiquity/news/43

Mischa *2 cents ...

> Also mailing list membership changes, so it would be good to have the :webIDXG group be representative of people who are subscribed here at a time. To do this it seems to me a perl cgi that transforms the information from the list members can be quickly put together. The W3C has web servers, so there is no need to ask Google to host this I think. (Anyway I think Andrei Sambra was happy to host it).
>
> Having it machine readable in an RDF format is something that would help us make some nice link to the linked data community and test out some services.
>
> And publishing proven WebIds would also be a good way of showing how one can do distributed
> assurance. The file would make the assurance that the members are part of this group.
>
> Finally the file is minimal. It is up to remote WebID users to decide how much different services can learn about them.
>
> Henry

Mischa Tuffield PhD
Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com
Homepage - http://mmt.me.uk/