Re: WebID XG - semantic group profile.

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 15:43:17 +0200
Cc: "public-xg-webid@w3.org XG" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: Andrei Sambra <andrei@fcns.eu>, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
What we could also do is start off with all people on the list and identify them
via the foaf:mbox_sha1sum relation, if this is not a privacy issue. Then  even services
that identify people via e-mail could verify that they are part of the group.

   That would go like this:

:webIDXG a foaf:Group;
    foaf:name "The WebID Incubator Group";
    foaf:member <http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me>,
               [ foaf:mbox_sha1sum "60f034ceab5b8b6fe8085a9e9f72ae23d2e809e8"],

So that say that  Reto and I are members of the webIdXG list. That could then be enhanced to
point with a doap:Project information, describing the project we are working on.

The mbox_sha1sums I could generate automatically by scraping the mailing list members,
Or perhaps somebody in the W3C even could write a script to do that. Then all that would
be needed would be a form where people who logged in with their e-mail could also login with their webid to prove the equivalence.
   I am not sure if this is within what is feasible within the W3C rules. So I am CC Coralie here.

On 20 May 2011, at 13:29, Henry Story wrote:

> Hi, very good idea.
> My WebID is
>   http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me
> I think we could put this into our mercurial repository. You should have access.
> We could just make it a simple foaf file with
> :webIDXG a foaf:Group;
>     foaf:name "The WebID Incubator Group";
>     foaf:member <http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me>,...
> Then we can have some apps that show how to restricat access to :webIDXG members
> and then we can get the W3C hopefully to use those examples to give us easier
> access to its services.
> 	Henry
> On 20 May 2011, at 13:02, Andrei Sambra wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> I was thinking of creating a WebID XG profile, containing the WebIDs of
>> those of us actively contributing to WebID. To do so, I require your
>> WebID URIs. The group profile will only include the URI of each member,
>> so it's up to you to limit access to private areas of your profile.
>> I suspect that such a resource will soon become useful, since there are
>> plenty of ways we can take advantage of it.
>> If you are an active member of WebID XG, please reply to this email and
>> include your WebID URI.
>> If you don't want to be mentioned in the group profile, but you still
>> want to share your WebID with the rest of the group, please say so. It
>> can still help to build a social graph of the group.
>> Andrei
> Social Web Architect
> http://bblfish.net/

Social Web Architect