Re: why Berlin?

The paper assumes a user trusts a website (but not a large website like facebook). By such, the use is freed from the control practices of those who become large (and are thereby more trustworthy than others with less to lose now to impose, enforce and "monitor" public policy).

What the web architecture does not address is preventing subversion of lots of small websites over time.

Perhaps some of us remember doing dialup to the community ISP - 3000 in the us. Over time, this dropped to 4, with 10 resellers, 400 local channel partners, and 4000 commission salesmen, being churned through a social obligation pyramid scheme.

Of Berlin does  not do what Berlin culture is famous for (for the last 150 years), the city is missing it's moment. It's not enough to think different, while there act different. Challenge the inevitable conservatism that leads to the subversion of local control.