Re: Papers submitted to Federated Social Web 2011.

On 11 May 2011, at 18:31, Benjamin Heitmann wrote:

> On 9 May 2011, at 18:33, Andrei Sambra wrote:
>> I would like to suggest that those of us submitting a paper to FSW2011
>> (http://d-cent.org/fsw2011/) should reply to this email, including their
>> abstract and a url to a copy of the paper.

That reminds me, that at the last minute I just submitted our spec
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/

Since I think people will be interested in asking us questions about it.

This can give us an incentive to work a bit on improving the spec. I think the picture
we presented at for the Identity in the browser would do quite nicely in the spec too.

> Achieving privacy-enabled user profile portability with WebID and the Web of Data
>
> Personalisation on the Web is becoming a commodity, yet privacy and personalisation are at odds. We propose an architecture based on Linked Data, FOAF and WebIDs. It combines the privacy-enabling properties of current centralised personalisation architectures with the portability and decentralisation of the emerging Web of Data. It has the potential to enable a universal “private by default” ecosystem which can provide incentives for more users to open up their profile data for personalisation services.
>

> http://the-blank.net/contains/benjamin/files/Achieving_privacy_enabled-user_profile_portability.pdf

Thanks for sharing! Nice read.