Re: Major Milestone: WebID over WebSockets

Hello!

I have played a little with your webid implementation, so hopefully I
can provide some insight. I also want to congratulate you for the really
nice job you've done!

First of all, would it be possible to publish a description of the whole
process?

I am curious to see how the authenticator identifies me as user X if I
don't provide any credential. If that wasn't in the scope of your
demonstration, then I take back the question and you can stop reading
here. :-)

I suspect that what you are trying to do here is to ease the burden of
managing certificates that users face, by allowing them to use their
WebIDs stored on a third party entity. As I previously said, I'd love to
see how the whole process happens.

Also, if I understand correctly, to take advantage of a WebID that is
not browser-based, one must have your version of a JS authentication
endpoint, which queries the forge hosting the actual WebID. Wouldn't
this lead to interoperability issues?

That's about it. If you can manage to provide a solution that would
completely eliminate the need to store certificates in the browser, I'd
love to see it. Take care though not to introduce more complexity to an
already simple solution (WebID), while still respecting the WebID
specifications.

Keep up the good work!

Andrei