Major Milestone: WebID over WebSockets

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 20:15:47 -0400
To: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
Our CTO, Dave Longley, has been busy over the past week attempting to
get our pure JavaScript crypto/TLS library updated to remove the Flash
requirement from our WebID demos. He was successful.

Using a WebSockets-enabled browser, such as Google Chrome - go here and
create an account (accept the invalid, demo-only SSL certificate for now):

Then go here:

Select "Digital Bazaar WebID" as the provider and then "Select
(WebSocket)". You will be logged in and the login works faster than the
Flash-based version of our WebID implementation.

Just to be clear - this is a complete, open-source implementation of
x509, TLS, and WebID using pure JavaScript and standards-based browser

You can view the source for Forge (the JavaScript x509/TLS/WebSockets
library) here:

You can view the source for the WebID demo here:

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Developer Tools and Demo Released