Re: Papers submitted to Federated Social Web 2011.

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 20:18:23 +0200
Cc: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: Andrei Sambra <andrei@fcns.eu>

On 9 May 2011, at 19:33, Andrei Sambra wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I would like to suggest that those of us submitting a paper to FSW2011
> (http://d-cent.org/fsw2011/) should reply to this email, including their
> abstract and a url to a copy of the paper.

Friending on the Scoial Web
Henry Story and Andrei Sambra

FOAF profiles bind together the most widely deployed distributed Social Network in existence, despite the lack of deployed ways to automate the creation of new friending relations. A similar problem appeared on the world wide distributed social conversation that is the blogosphere, where users were keen to keep track of articles mentioning ones they posted. A number of solutions were developed and widely deployed. We describe these solutions here and show how they can be extended to the social web, to the benefit of all, in a light, easy to use and Web Architecture friendly manner.