Re: Papers submitted to Federated Social Web 2011.

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 20:18:23 +0200
Cc: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: Andrei Sambra <andrei@fcns.eu>

On 9 May 2011, at 19:33, Andrei Sambra wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to suggest that those of us submitting a paper to FSW2011
> (http://d-cent.org/fsw2011/) should reply to this email, including their
> abstract and a url to a copy of the paper.

Friending on the Scoial Web
Henry Story and Andrei Sambra
http://bblfish.net/tmp/2011/05/09/

Abstract:

FOAF profiles bind together the most widely deployed distributed Social Network in existence, despite the lack of deployed ways to automate the creation of new friending relations. A similar problem appeared on the world wide distributed social conversation that is the blogosphere, where users were keen to keep track of articles mentioning ones they posted. A number of solutions were developed and widely deployed. We describe these solutions here and show how they can be extended to the social web, to the benefit of all, in a light, easy to use and Web Architecture friendly manner.