Re: WebID video and demo

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 16:53:21 -0400
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
On 5/5/11 2:21 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> The storage mechanism in our particular implementation was chosen just
> because it was the simplest way to implement what we wanted. There is
> nothing, as far as we can see, that should couple the storage mechanism
> to the WebID specification. So yes, we can give people that choice - but
> many people are just going to choose the default.

This matter is becoming a top priority now that some infrastructure
failure points have been addressed. For example, you can use HTML5 WebDB
to talk SPASQL to a data space (which can take the form of an RDBMS,
Graph DBMS, a file etc..). The channel question will be secured too via
WebID.

What we'll end up doing is making Flash storage an option :-)

Links:

1.
http://wikis.openlinksw.com/dataspace/owiki/wiki/UdaWikiWeb/InstallConfigODBCHTML5Bridge
- HTML5 WebDB to ODBC Bridges (so SPASQL has a pinhole and more )

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen