Re: [foaf-protocols] WebID test suite

On 6/24/11 7:08 PM, Peter Williams wrote:

> The defacto owl sameAs part is really interesting (and its the semweb
> part of webid that most interests me, since its about the potential
> logic of enforcement....)
>
> are we saying that should n URIs be present in a cert and one of them
> validates to the satisfaction of the verifying party, then this
> combination of events is the statement: verifer says owl:sameAs x,
> where x is each member of the set of SAN URIs in the cert, whether or
> not all x were verified .

No.

When an IdP is presented with a Cert, it is going to have its own
heuristic for picking one WebID. Now, when there are several to choose
from I would expect that any choice results in a path to a Public Key ->
WebID match. Basically, inference such as owl:sameAs would occur within
the realm of the IdP that verifiers a WebID. Such inference cannot be
based on the existence of multiple URIs serving as WebIDs in SAN (or
anywhere else).
> Thats quite a claim to make. An more restrcitied claim could be that

Yes, but I don't believe the spec infers that.
> verifier says webid says owl:sameAs x, where x is each member of the
> set of SAN URIs in the cert, whether or not all x were verified .

No, don't think that's the implication from spec or what one would
expect to happen.

Kingsley