Re: Berlin Wiki page

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:11:55 +0200, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2011, at 10:46, Coralie Mercier wrote:
>

>>> Is there a way to give wider rights to people on the wiki?
>>
>> Yes. The wiki can be edited by anybody with a W3C account (they're
>> automated).
>>
>> You have 2 options:
>> 1) Wiki setup unchanged; get the people whose input you need to join
>> the XG (as Member participant or Invited Expert)
>> 2) Wiki setup changed; people whose input you need request an account
>> and can contribute.
>
> I think it is easier if we have 2 initially. If we can have everyone on
> the mailing list enabled that would be great.

Hello Henry

I'd like to clarify a few things to ensure we are on the same page.

subscribers (about 60) are a mix of the actual participants (38) of the XG
[1] and additional people who subscribed manually.

[1] https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=46065&public=1

The participatns of the XG have default write access to the Wiki.

The other people would need to get a W3C account if they don't already, in
order to have write access to the wiki.

The reason I'm clarifying this, is that I feel what you are requesting is
that the wiki setup recognizes when a user belongs to the mailing list and
therefore should be able to write on the wiki.

Please, let me know if we are on the same page, and I'll send a request
that the wiki be opened to any user with a W3C account. (There isn't a
finer granularity, unfortunately).

Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR