RE: Berlin Wiki page

"Delegation issues are important for Federated Social Web Servers (ie: servers larger than freedom boxes, with multiple users).

servers could pretend to be a user, by adding a public key to each users profile in order to then pretend to be that user. But this would be very costly for larger servers, that would need to create seperate TLS sessions for each user."

its always interesting to hear that line.

15 years ago, it was too expensive to do crypto. 15 years later, its still too expensive. Despite this fact, there was no problem earlier this year with google "suddenly" turning on https (and managing one or two SSL sessions in a rather large home page cluster).

Try to remmeber there is qquipment out there doing Tbyte/s SSL, handling a million sessions. It doesnt even blink at the thought.

if you ask: so how much crypto can I do  for the price of a donut, then you know the answer. If you ask: so can I break des for $15,000, the answer is yes.

if 15,000 is too much for the intended users of webid, we need to restart our marketing on just how we are engineering for. Perhaps, we are engineering for the vb programmer, willing to consider $5 on software, vs donuts in a posh Berlin hotel.