RE: WebID in Browsers conf feedback

I think there is an entire topic missing - if one is  to respond to the 2 objections presented (vs hide them under the carpet).

Its the topic of qualifying the authority component of the webid claim, persuant to deciding to follow the ref (or not). It concerns leveraging the authority resolver built into the web - DNS resolvers. It concerns how DNS resolvers are then organized - whether one is using a public resolver, or a private-walled-garden resolver that has a "non-public" zone replication/trust model and/or zone key signing/distribution.

But, I'm not convinced anyone has accepted the premise of the objection we are hearing - that refs have to first qualified, before being re-deferenced.

Im half expecting to hear folks argue: oh the web as a giant dynamic system will crowdsource whats viable and sustaintable, and the faff and disrpeputable stuff will eventually converge to zero (if one waits long enough). And, to be webby, THIS is the premise we MUST accept (rather than fiddle with DNS authority models, say).