Re: Browser ID, WebID & URLs

On 7/19/11 3:56 AM, Ben Adida wrote:
> Right, the difference is that we're trying to start with the simplest
> layer, you're trying to build the distributed social network up front.
Ben,

Come on now. So solution is to make a parallel system when you can
bridge from the so called "simplest" to the so called "more complex". I
am not buying your argument at all, sorry.

The AWWW is "deceptively simple" i.e., its value realm is shaped like a
conventional pyramid, the more you challenge it the more pleasant
surprises due to architectural dexterity. Sadly, since the Web 2.0 era
we have a penchant for pushing "simply simple" solutions. These
solutions basically take the form of inverted pyramids and lack
architectural dexterity, and thus doesn't scale, and just burn people's
time when they hit the inevitable exploitation cul-de-sacs.

You are making a Web 2.0 style argument, but you don't seem to realize
that Web 2.0 isn't actually working at all. It doesn't save us time or
make us more productive. It doesn't truly deliver on the power of AWWW
etc.. Its actually a distraction, to put things bluntly. Also note, I
don't regard VC inflated valuations and market capitalization as success
indicators when talking about good technology architecture that serves a
much bigger purpose as already exemplified by the WWW deliverable.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen