Re: Browser ID

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:43:18 -0700
To: Peter <home_pw@msn.com>
CC: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
On 7/16/11 3:44 PM, Peter wrote:
> Lots of myths being restated (rsa is CPU bound, ssl is hard on
> servers, crl caching is hard (whereas a trillion web page caches are
> not).

I said none of those things.

The only item that resembles something I said is "ssl is hard on
servers." If you read the full message, you'll see that I'm talking
about having client-side certs carried through all the way to the
application layer code. It's hard because of the abstraction layers that
exist in many practical deployments. It's the same reason that Digest
Auth has been so tough for most applications to deploy.

Btw, if you have a revocation solution that solves the privacy problem
in a federated system *and* the failure condition model, I'd love to
hear about it.

-Ben