Re: Browser ID

On 7/16/11 6:09 AM, Ben Adida wrote:
> I disagree. The server-side component can be quite gnarly. Have you
> investigated how this works if you use an SSL accelerator? If you use
> Amazon EC2's SSL load balancer? My sense is the abstraction layers get
> very gnarly.
>
> Plus, what do you do for short-lived certs? We don't want to deal with
> revocation.

User logs into IdP provided data space and deletes their problematic
public keys.

What happens when someone steals a PC/Laptop/Tablet with the private key
associated with the public key in a BrowserID scenario? The statement
above tells you what can happen re. WebID.

Re. BrowserID is the mailto: URI to public key relation 1:1 or 1:N ?
This too has implications.

> Can you trigger cert re-generation automatically and silently? I don't
> think so.

Of course!

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software