Re: WebID-ISSUE-7 (bblfish): Move esw wiki contents? [WebID wiki]

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 17:21:41 +0100
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>, public-xg-webid@w3.org
On 30 January 2011 01:03, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2011, at 21:37, Peter Williams wrote:
>
>> Could special dispensation be granted to use http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ instead? Would it upset W3C IP controls and governance processes to use an external wiki provider?
>>
>> it seems unlike that either of the W3C wiki sites will allow us to use digital ID login or SSO logon (from the facebooks...and googles... of the world).
>
> It would be nice to have SSO with WebID on the W3C Wiki or tools.
> Perhaps we can get permission to try to enable some services
> specially so we can try out WebID... That would be fun.
>
> (but I won't put much hope in it)

I suspect that *if* a solid WebID addon for MediaWiki existed, the W3C
systems team would be tempted to enable it. That said I obviously
can't make any commitments or predictions, it's in their (overworked)
hands.

But first things first --- that plugin doesn't exist, AFAIK.

The most natural starting point might be to take
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OpenID and re-do it for WebID.
The OpenID addon should exercise most of the main relevant MediaWiki
APIs...

Anyone got time to take a look at that?

cheers,

Dan