Re: virtual hosting in modern browsers

From: Jan Wildeboer <jan@wildeboer.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:05:44 +0100
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
CC: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Dirk-willem.Van.gulik@bbc.co.uk>, Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>, foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org, WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
On 01/26/2011 07:42 PM, Henry Story wrote:

> Yes, that is indeed much better. I put that text up on the wiki
>
> http://esw.w3.org/Foaf%2Bssl/FAQ#SSL_makes_cheap_hosting_impossible
>
> Perhaps one task of the group will be to take the content of that wiki,
> clean it up and put it up on the WebID space. Though I don't see that
> being of the highest priority.

SNI however does NOT work with Android, as Google has decided it is not
reliable enough - see

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=12908

Which is really saddening, seeing that even Apple support SNI on iOS.

As IMHO mobile will be the most attractive method of working with webid
and experiencing the advantages of the system, we should try to change
googles stance ...

Jan