RE: ACL

From: Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:26:06 -0800
To: <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
CC: <public-xg-webid@w3.org>

 In terms of work activity organization there are perhaps 5 threads:

- the ssl handshake, and its relation to assertions, claims, certs, secure communications, speak-for channels, and webids

- naming authorities producing foaf cards supportin the theory of urirefs

- key manegement, trust path discovery, trust path closure between servers & browers exchaning ssl handshake messages

- access control to resources, based on self-asserted claims to a foaf card in linked data space

- overarching identity model, where in a foaf card there are named-graphs referencible using https URIs, where the very same URI may be cited in a cert which, when used in SSL client auth procedure,  works to assert the named-graph to a server perform resource-0level access control. (ugh.)