From: public-xg-webid-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-webid-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Henry Story
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 3:21 AM
To: WebID Incubator Group WG
Subject: Re: slow down and organize

On 24 Feb 2011, at 20:31, Peter Williams wrote:

no I dont want to do that. The topic has nothing to do with ASN.1 notation.
It has nothing to do with pointing to a "PEM" file, wrapping a DER-coded
value.

in my mind, its a toss up which is better

1. a webservice over http that remotes using a sparql engine/API to test a
foaf card for a pubkey
2. a sparql _protocol_ run over http... using a sparql engine/API to test a
foaf card for a pubkey

Once you have a functional WebID, then anyone can come up with this kind of
service. We already have one at http://foafssl.org/ which is what
http://foaf.me/ uses.

I don't think we need to bother with the creation of a protocol for such a
service: it builds on WebID. It's at a different layer.

I think I have the implementation skills to consume 1

I think I have the implementation skills to invoke 2 and then consume an XML
resultset of a few name/value pairs.

Is there an issue that would best frame "remoting" FROM the TLS responder
some (but not all) of the verification agents steps described in section
3.1?

  _____