gnutls SAN URI support RE: slow down and organize

Does anyone here have really solid gnu/fsf community knowhow or skills? (I
don't, not having built unix src or fiddled with unix packaging conventions
for 2 decades). I bet I still *can* fix C code though, to add support for
the SAN URI in gnutls's certtool(1).

As seen below, there is relatively simple config structure that allows the
certtool(1) to format certs from a template file, which as yet is missing
support for templating the SAN URI values we need.  Hopefully, I can remedy
that.

I'll need help getting any changes into mainline source trees, based on my
"proof of concept" code. I can probably make it work.  But, I'll need help
to get things into a form that professional code maintainers will accept.

typedef struct _cfg_ctx

{

  char *organization;

  char *unit;