Re: slow down and organize

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 06:08:04 +1100, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2011, at 18:49, Nathan wrote:
>
>> I admit it, I've lost track - to be honest I think almost everybody
>> has, can somebody who hasn't lost track write up a mail explaining
>> where we are now?
>
> [...]
>
> What we are interested is is simply put RESTful, web architecture,
> Linked data ready, browser enabled secure authentication, [...]
>
> [...]
>
> agree. I would like  to do some development work for Clerezza myself,
> and work on the Federated Social Web Incubator group.

Thanks Nathan for bringing this up, and thanks Henry for being
very open and clear about the status.

I feel a bit overwhelmed too.

I'm trying to get a hold of WebID, and I'm still stuck at
the basic concept of it unfortunately.
Following the various threads I often encounter new (for me)
technologies and concepts that make it difficult for me
to focus and get "the picture". Everyone fully understands X.509?

All of this despite having worked for the last few years
with several authentication systems, having implemented a full
multi-service OAuth provider, and a single sign on system.

Maybe I just don't get it. That is indeed possible :)

If we want wide adoption, from a developer and software architect
perspective, we should aim at really simplifying. And having
clear examples. I'm totally willing to help with that, but please
don't make me install a Java based server just for that :)

I had never heard of Clerezza before, and I tried to look up its
documentation, but it feels like a giant beast. Do I need it
to get WebID up and running?

Focusing more on the Opera perspective, we have
millions of users and we make a browser. You can see
that WebID can be a very useful technology, but it also
has to be accessible to developers to succeed.

So, in the end, please feel free to point me to
anything I have missed or misunderstood.

--
Cosimo