Re: Web Object Encryption and Signing (WOES) at IETF

From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:32:39 -0700
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
CC: Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>, "nathan@webr3.org" <nathan@webr3.org>, WebID Incubator Group WG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
On 2/18/11 9:29 AM, Henry Story wrote:

> For me it's easier to put all documents behind https, have users
> publish the public key as specified below for WebID authentication
> and do access control: only allow authorised users to retrieve the
> document. There you get on the fly encryption of any content you
> send.

To clarify requirements, many of those who are interested in this work
at the IETF want to make it possible for browser-based clients to do
things like encrypted instant messaging or voice and video signalling.
So perhaps the scope is a bit broader than WebID (I confess to not
having followed WebID closely).

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre