Re: Web Object Encryption and Signing (WOES) at IETF

Seem two ways to approach it: just as there exist encoding rules to code asn1 abstract values (in cert type) as XML, there could be code to json, instead. or, a native structure is defined in json, assuming it can be canonicalized.

A third approach does exist. A very minimal der-encoded cert exists, with 1string extension: some json with native coding of xyz control system (eg pkix). H.p and I once suggested this, where JavaScript was used rather than json values. it was laughed at, at the time (when pki was at it's zenith).