Re: nasty nasty bug in chrome

Hi,

2011/2/9 Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com>

>  is it a bug

it is

>   I dont know what an incognito window is.

Nathan is probably refering to the "mode" that is also available in Firefox
as "Start private browsing".

This means all cookies and any kind of previous browsing history that might
help identify you at the server is reset/unavailable. It should
mimic/replicate the situation of landing on a website for the first time.
Any kind of action taken during this private browsing session is purged
after you terminate the session (i.e close the window)

> But the general rule is that a browser can be itself replicated, and it can
> inherit the ssl state of its replicator.

I believe it is exactly the thing that "private/incognito browsing" should
not allow.

I am not sure how the rest relates to this, but I found it very insightful
though.

Thanks!

Las

You have to remember (and IETF NEVER got this) is that https target