Re: German eID

On 02/08/2011 02:05 PM, Martin Gaedke wrote:
> Sorry for being silent this morning, I just bought one of those simple and
> insecure readers to play with. It is a REINER SCT cyber Jack RFID basis
> Contactless Smartcard Reader.

Our good friends at the Chaos Computer Club have already played with the
system for quite a while:

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/CCC-reveals-security-problems-with-German-electronic-IDs-1094577.html

They forced the german ministry to pull back the official application as
it lacked some fundamental security stuff (they didn't check the cert
chain when connecting to https, allwoing MITM to be performed in very
simple ways etc.)

Jan