Definition of WebID?

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 03:34:15 +0100
To: foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org, WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
You know it's month 1 of an XG when people start asking for definitions :)

Do we have WebID (distinct from The WebID Protocol [1], and The WebID
Profile [2])   defined anywhere?

It used to have domain of foaf : Agent, but I think now is any URI?

In the world of URIs (tho universal does not imply unique), It strikes
me that any URI that points to a resource, that may need access, to
any other URI, has use for this technology?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#the-webid-protocol
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#the-webid-profile