Re: How To Handle WebIDs for (X)HTML based Claim Bearing Resources

We are getting to the heart of webid now, and we will now see if the technogy (that we flogged to death) really does anything equivalents failed to do.

For example, this was supposed to be a radically new community, due to using only self signed (and even unsigned for most agents if you test) Certs. It was just a package.

If we do insist on self signed, semantics change, as the signed certverify in sso and the signature on the cert now have a crypto relationship. In short, the public key is an persistent I'd, that the telco/google cannot spoof or suddenly remove from the public space.

It becomes what the canonical xri wanted to be.

Don't forget, after 20 years, folks in Certs land have lots of experience with cert and name lifecycle management. I seem to recall a certain ca buying a certain .com name registrar, a while ago.

In rfc1422, you will see that 1 key can be in multiple Certs. Furthermore, an old cert or a self signed cert is acceptable as a csr -cert signing request. Thus little webid (aiming to liberate the pleb in all of us) can yet integrate with the world of ttps (adding assurance, like insurance or records) - without ceding control over the persistent name.

I'm going to owl:sameas to a data uri (with my self signed cert blob in the body). Let's see what happens, now. Beyond owl mgt of equivalence relations/classes, there will be a crypto assurance, since on subgroup will be distinguished as bearing the mark of the private key.

I like this. It radically changes the nation of signing - finally getting passed the failed rivest digital signature concept. Kingsley is spot on, that an owl-enforced equivalency by a validating part is a signature - semantic web style. Something original has actually occurred.

Sent from my iPhon