Re: PGP aside

On 12/30/11 7:16 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> Being able to tie that back to a WebID is beneficial — “I know foo's
>>> WebID, and I can see *their* key signed this package” type of stuff.
>> Besides this new WebID WoT, :-) the existing OpenPGP WoT has two new
>> interesting ways to use it: Convergence and Monkeysphere. Could either/both
>> be used to help with WebID movement, as well as also being beneficial to
>> their own growing movement(s)?
>>
>> http://convergence.io/
>> http://web.monkeysphere.info/
> I hope all these efforts can join forces including the bitcoin WOT
>
> However it's very hard to browse the GPG WOT without running a key server afaik.

It's got to be "cut and paste" friendly. We always eventually his this
problem since folks don't control their own servers. People have been
taught to believe server configuration is beyond basic end-user skill
levels :-(

Remember, this is the very point Eben made during his inaugural speech
about the Freedom Box :-)

Founder&  CEO