Re: [foaf-protocols] low memory & WebID?

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 19:54:12 +0100
To: Jiří Procházka <ojirio@gmail.com>
Cc: "foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org" <foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org>, WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
2011/12/30 Jiří Procházka <ojirio@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I think WebID should be flexible enough to be used on low memory
> embedded systems, does this put any restrictions on the mandated
> syntaxes? I figure turtle because of prefixes would be no go, and other
> syntaxes too - the algorithm for webid validation (client code),
> including the parsers for all required syntaxes, would be best to have
> constant space complexity...
> I don't think such concerns nor the use case are so outlandish they
> shouldn't be taken in consideration.

Not sure I can see an issue with this here right now.  And if there is
one, it's hard to imagine that there would not be an easy work around.
 WebID is likely to evolve based on usage patterns.  But you need to
get to square one first.

Is there any particular platform that you've tried that causes concern?