Re: neither FCNS nor FOAFSSL can read a new foaf card (hosted in Azure). RDFa validators at W3C and RDFachecker say its fine...

On 12/30/11 3:55 AM, Mo McRoberts wrote:
> On 30 Dec 2011, at 02:08, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> Yes, if you didn't perform the HTTP GET using IE with proxies in the mix. The problem is IE (and it seems) bits of Windows still sending Fragment Identifiers over the wires.
> Under what circumstances does this happen? I’ve got IE behind a proxy (Squid) right here (standard BBC desktop build is IE8, Active Directory, no routable Internet access so everything goes through an HTTP or SOCKS proxy) — does it always happen when IE is behind a proxy and it's just the case that my proxy is filtering it out behind forwarding, or is it only certain kinds of proxy? …or am I misunderstanding?
>
> M.

Mo,

Here is one reference to this IE6 anomaly:
http://jamespreston.co.uk/Articles/RedirectingIE6ToUrlWithFragmentIdentifier.html
.

Remember, I said, this is why DBpedia ended up using slash URIs since
the goal what for DBpedia to "just work" re. Linked Data exploitation
from any browser.

When Peter indicates being able to send URIs with Fragment Identifiers
over-the-wire, I am assuming some variation of this issue still existing
within Windows.

As per earlier mail today, if Peter has control over what cross the
wire, the shouldn't send the Fragment Identifier part of the URI across
the wire. If he can't help doing that (due to the framework in use) then
he's left to the mercies of a Linked Data Sever to handle this.

Note, its now clear to me that Peter was attempting to implement a WebID
verifier, and this modality sets him up for being responsible for URI
de-reference and associated nuances re. Linked Data.

Founder&  CEO